Lancome Le Teint Particulier Custom Made Foundation

July 12, 2017

My experience of Lancome Custom made Foundation at Harrods



This is a new concept that Lancome have started in the UK exclusively at Harrods.

This has become very popular and you have to call to book an appointment at the Lancome counter at Harrods. I booked an appointment and was very excited as I find it difficult to find an exact match for my skin tone as many people who have an olive/dark skin tone may do.

When I arrived at the appointment the make up artist started by removing all my make up and discussing my skin type with me and how much coverage I would like from my foundation. My skin is normal and I wanted a medium coverage but buildable foundation, which is exactly what she put into the system.

She then used a device to match up the correct colour for the custom made foundation, she asked me exactly where I wanted the foundation to be matched up to. I had the foundation matched up to my neck, jawline and forehead. This information is then processed into the system and a unique shade is chosen for you.

The make up artist then puts an empty bottle into a machine, which drops pigments into the bottle, this consists of black, red, white, yellow, moisturiser and thinner, which is what is used to create the perfect shade.


At first only a small amount is made so that it can be tested on your skin and to make sure that you are happy with the match.

The foundation is then placed into a mixing machine, which mixes all the pigments together to blend together the perfect shade, this is then tried on one side of the face and if you are happy with the match the rest of the bottle is filled. She then prints a sticker with your details and puts it onto the bottle and the back of the box so that you can have some more made if you need to.

I loved the way the foundation was presented in a white bottle with my name and unique shade id. I really enjoyed this experience and think its a really good idea, it is expensive but really worth the money if you want the perfect match.

Overall I can say I would recommend this to anyone who struggles with foundation shades or just in the market for a new foundation and doesn't mind spending the money. The overall experience is really good, however when the make up artist applied the foundation in Harrods I wasn't sure as I'm always happier when I apply my foundation myself at home with my own tools. At first when she applied it I thought it was too dark but soon I applied it myself at home I was so happy with the shade and the formula. The foundation looks dewy and is a very good coverage and is defiantly buildable to a fuller coverage.

I can say I would do this again in the winter to get my perfect winter foundation. Have you tried it? or going to try it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Be Younique xxx




You Might Also Like

0 comments